Heating & Air System Facts
Why clean Central Heating & Air Systems?
- 9 out of 10 system failures are caused by dirt and dust (LCES) Louisiana Cooperative Extension Service
- Clean systems restore capacity and lessen running time. This means saving money on heating and cooling bills. (LCES)
- A buildup of .042 inches of dift on a heating or cooling coil can result in a decrease in efficient of 21%.(EPA) Environmental Protection Agency
- Most commercially purchased fibergladd filters are only 7% efficient in stopping dirt, dust, pollen, etc. passing through it.(ASHRAE)
- 50% of all illnesses are either caused or aggravated by polluted indoor air. American College of Allergists
- One out of six people who suffer from allergies do so because of the direct relationship to the fungi and bacteria in the air duct systems. (Total Health & Better Health Magazines).
- Children are more likely than adults to be affected by polluted indoor air- they breathe faster, inhale more air per unit of body weight, and are closer to the ground where concentrations are higher.(Dept. of Consumer Affairs.)
- The elderly, asthmatics, and people with breathing problems, allergies, and lung diseases are also likely to be more sensitive to pollutants. (Dept. of Consumer Affairs)
- Most people spend 60%- 90% of their time indoors.(ALS) American Lung Association
- Indoor air is found to be up to 70 times more polluted than outdoor air. (EPA)